Brown Family History

This blog is a transcrition of a book of the History of the Brown family as written by Oral Carl Brown Sr. Born June 19th, 1884, Died in July 1967. Oral was a preacher from a long line of preachers. This book was written in 1962 at the age of 78 as a cronicle of family history and his lifes work for the "Oncoming younger Generation". To **Table Of Contents**

Sunday, December 31, 2006

 

Introductory Notes on Brown Family's History

Editors Note: With the exception of this blog entry, which is specially time stamped to always appear at the top of the blog, you need to read this history starting with the last entry, moving toward the first entry, to get things in cronological order like you would a book. Or, you can read the articles in the order they appear in the **Table Of Contents**.

Additional Notes will be added to this entry as the project progresses.

October 25th, 2005

I did some research on the web to see if I could find any references to Oral Carl Brown, and I was able to find a death record at KindredKonnections, I have included the record's contents here, in case the link doesn't work;

Name: BROWN, ORAL
Social Security Number: 304-22-4546 Applied for in Indiana
Date of Death: Jul 1967
Date of Birth: 19 Jun 1884
Residence (2/88 and prior): Florida
Last Residence (Zip): 32079 Penney Farms, Clay, FL


It seems Penney Farms is a retirement community, almost a small city in Clay County, Florida. Here is a picture from Google Earth. Click on the image for a larger view of Penney Farms.

October 31st, 2005

Today I decided to go ahead and put in all the chapter headings, so you will be able to see where I am going, even if I haven't gotten there yet.

Mostly I will be typing in the chapters in order, but sometimes I will fill in certain sections that I find more interesting.

January 9th, 2006

Well I suppose it had to happen. I got tired of typing, and I managed to get my scanner working, so I am now scanning the original pages and posting them, instead of re-typing them. Each post includes a small image of the original, and you can click on it to see a large readable copy of the page.

Here is a link to the **Table Of Contents**, where you can click links to read all the chapters in order.

Archives

10/23/05   10/24/05   10/31/05   12/31/06  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?