Brown Family History

This blog is a transcrition of a book of the History of the Brown family as written by Oral Carl Brown Sr. Born June 19th, 1884, Died in July 1967. Oral was a preacher from a long line of preachers. This book was written in 1962 at the age of 78 as a cronicle of family history and his lifes work for the "Oncoming younger Generation". To **Table Of Contents**

Sunday, October 23, 2005

 

Why the Brown Family History Now?

Why the Brown Family History Now

To answer this I will give the following reasons:

1. I have drawn or led by the Holy Spirit to do this very thing. for several weeks He has been talking to me and I have been getting information organized to do so.
2. This is April 14th, 1962, 158 years since my great grandfather John Brown was born. As you will see as this story unfolds, this is a very important family in God's sight. To date the simple record of births and deaths is all that is now written. But God being my helper, a more intelligent record is now in the making.
3. I was born in 1884. I was full of questions. I plied them to Mother and father. Their answers plus my own experience and knowledge will be here recorded.
4. Then there is the rich spiritual heritage also and a smattering of academic standing, acquired and in the process of becoming a reality.

Our children and our children's children will revere this book much more than will our present adults.

It might be well for the "oldsters" to recommend the reading and study of this book to our youg as they are able to understand what it says.

Back to Table Of Contents

Archives

10/23/05   10/24/05   10/31/05   12/31/06  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?