Brown Family History

This blog is a transcrition of a book of the History of the Brown family as written by Oral Carl Brown Sr. Born June 19th, 1884, Died in July 1967. Oral was a preacher from a long line of preachers. This book was written in 1962 at the age of 78 as a cronicle of family history and his lifes work for the "Oncoming younger Generation". To **Table Of Contents**

Sunday, October 23, 2005

 

Where are we, how did we get here and where are we going? (2005 Publishers Notes)

Debbie and I (Tom Zimmer) were cleaning out our garage yesterday (October 22nd, 2005), and we came across a box of pictures and stuff from early in our marriage and some photo albums and stuff from my uncle Bob (Robert L. Cochran). I sort of took care of uncle Bob the last 10 years of his life. He had Parkinson disease, and the last few years were very hard on Bob. As I am sure most people know, Parkinsons is a degenerative nerve disease, and it makes your body kind of lock up. Various treatments help for a while, but to my knowledge there is no cure. Anyway, Bob was a Christian, but he always struggled with his feelings that he wasn't very good. I guess like most of us, we have lots of things we regret in our life, and we often have difficulty forgiving ourselves, even when we know that God has forgiven us. So, to make a long story longer, I loved Bob a lot, and my family loved him too. We were in some ways like the children he never had. He was married three times in his life I think, but for whatever reason never had any kids. After Bob passed away, I ended up with some of his things, including some photo albums, and a book. I never before yesterday bothered to really look at the book, but what it turns out to be is a self published memoir/history of the life and times of Oral Carl Brown. Oral was a preacher, he was born June 19th, 1884, died July 1967. Oral was the brother of Ina Zora Brown/Cochran, who was my mothers mother, and Bob's mother. Ina was my Grandmother. So that would make Oral Carl Brown my great uncle. I think this history will be of interest to other Browns, Cochrans, and Zimmers.

As this history unfolds, you will see why I found it so interesting. Oral has a very easy and friendly style of writing, and is very matter of fact about the details of his journey coming to Christ. He wrote this history when he was 78 years old, in 1962.

I will have to ask you to be patient, because the history is over 100 pages in length, consisting of single spaced typed 8 1/2 x 11 pages, so it is quite a volume to transcribe, and it will no doubt take me several weeks, if not months to type it in. So without any more adu, lets begin "The Brown Famiy's History" by Oral Carl Brown Sr.

P.S. The next entry will be the notes from the original editor, Lester A. Michel.

Back to Table Of Contents

Archives

10/23/05   10/24/05   10/31/05   12/31/06  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?